Nothing lasts forever, and plumbing pipes are no exception. Over time, pipes will eventually begin to corrode and leak, especially if those pipes are made from inferior materials or if they convey water with a very high mineral content. When repairs are no longer enough to resolve frequent pipe leaks and water pressure issues, repiping is the appropriate course of action. Arctic Air Home Services is prepared to help if you suspect that time has come for you.
Signs You May Need to Repipe Your Home
It may be time to consider a complete home repipe from Arctic Air Home Services if:
- Your home is more than 20 years old
- You have had a pipe burst or frequent pipe leaks throughout your property
- Your water pressure low in more than one fixture
- You have noticed your washer takes longer to fill than ever before
- You have rust colored water (this indicates that your pipes are corroded)
CPVC Pipe Installation
When you choose Arctic Air Home Services for your repipe job, one of our certified Sarasota plumbers will come to your home and carefully replace each pipe with Chlorinated polyvinyl chloride (CPVC) pipe.
CPVC piping offers many advantages, including:
- CPVC plumbing does not corrode over time; it does not fail like copper or galvanized steel.
- CPVC is resistant to crushing and is significantly more flexible than traditional PVC (although PVC is still used to replace drainpipes).
- The added flexibility of CPVC contributes to the ease of installation for a faster install.
- CPVC is a less expensive option than copper, which is more than double the cost of CPVC.
What Does a Repipe Cost & How long does it Take?
Overall costs for each project is dependent on the number of fixtures and rooms to be repiped.
A whole house can take one to five working days, depending on the size of the project. Depending on the scope of the project you may be able to stay in the home while we repipe. The average size home in Florida will take just one day to repipe.